Sunday, February 10, 2008

SCRAP BASKET ROSE QUILT TOP

I have just finished the quilt top and have raced in to post it on my blog.
I took the advice of my clever blogging friends and completed the stars for my first border.
I decided to go with a narrow cream border next and finally a darker blue border - it is hard to see as the bed has a navy valance on it.
I am really pleased with the finished product as it contains fabrics that I have been collecting since I started patchwork. The only fabrics that I bought especially for it have been the blue for the final border and the backing.
Thanks to 'The Material Girls' who each made 3 blocks of the quilt - I hope you like it too.
I'll post a photo of it when it returns from the quilter in a couple of months.
Bye for now.

6 comments:

dot said...

Just beautiful. This really turned out nicely and I like the borders. It really addded that finishing touch to complete the stars.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it, you have done such a good job...

Chookyblue said...

Patch this looks fantastic.......the girls have done well for another combined effort
can't wait to see it finished and my favourite colour........love it.......

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

It looks gorgeous. Love the blues and how nice that you had all the fabrics. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kathie said...

the quilt looks wonderful.
I love how you did the stars...great choice.
Kathie

Sweet P said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the shades of blue in it.